Funeral Consumers Alliance of San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties
(formerly Funeral and Memorial Planning Society)
In order to conduct business with one of the service providers listed on our pricelist at the prices indicated, you’ll need a membership number. For non-members, in times of immediate need you can call the office at 650.321.2109 to make arrangements for membership and subsequently complete and mail the form.
As A Member You Will…
- Make your plans in advance and put your wishes in writing.
- Choose the type of arrangements you prefer.
- Select a mortuary from the list of those approved by and cooperating with the Society to provide low cost and simple arrangements.
- Use our Price List from Cooperating Mortuaries available in either a web version or pdf format (Adobe Reader required) and be spared hours of phone calls and visits – not to mention avoiding high pressure salesmen.
- Be provided annually with a list of participating mortuaries and their costs. You may change your plans at any time for a small donation.
- Have FCA send a copy of your requests to your chosen mortuary, with all the information needed for a death certificate. Duplicate records are on file at our office.
- Receive a plastic pouch with a planning booklet and an Advance Health Care Directive kit. This is designed to put in your refrigerator where fire and polie personnel are trained to look for emergency directives. The pouch is expandable to hold other importance health information too, such as a list of medication, your funeral planning form, a short will or people to notify in case of your illnes or death.
- Receive a membership wallet card to carry for emergencies.
We have an on-line Membership Form. We also have a pdf version of the Membership Form that you can print out and mail or Fax to the office.
Funeral Consumers Alliance
463 College Avenue (P.O. Box 60448)
Palo Alto, CA 94306
(650) 321-2109 or (888) 775-5553 (Bay Area no toll)
Send email to FCA’s Office Manager.
office hours: Mon – Thursday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.